Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies are a decadent brownie crammed into a cookie then loaded with chocolate chips. They are egg-free, dairy-free and made with 8 simple ingredients you probably have on hand!
Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies
I’ve made my share of brownies and have yet to create a vegan recipe I find worthy of posting on here. I’m still recipe testing, but it seems to be a slow process so far. In the meantime I did create these Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies which will help fill the brownie void for now. They are rich in chocolate and have a perfectly crisp/crackled top which is why I had to add brownie to the name. The tops are sprinkled with turbinado sugar to enhance the crunch (and of course sweetness).
Lately, my next door neighbor has been taste testing all of my cookies. She always exclaims these are by far her FAVORITE! I’ve been partial to the Crumb Donut Cookies myself, but then again I’m a sucker for anything with cinnamon. However, when I need a chocolate fix these Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies are definitely my go-to.
Pair these chocolatey cookies with a tall glass of plant-based milk for the ultimate snacking experience. Or if you’re in the baking mood, make a batch of vegan peanut butter cookies. Then create what my husband calls a ‘Duplex’ which is a brownie cookie stacked on top of a peanut butter cookie! The rich chocolatey cookies paired with the soft peanut butter cookies are like a peanut butter cup cookies. Didja get that? Okay maybe I’m getting carried away, but the cookie combo taste is amazing none the less.
Yields about 21 cookies
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
1 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup coconut oil, room temp (not melted)
1/2 cup turbinado sugar*
1/4 cup coconut sugar*
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- Preheat your oven to 410ºF and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift the cocoa powder. Add in the remaining dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- In a larger bowl cream together the coconut oil and sugars. Pour in the non-dairy milk.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the dry ingredients into the wet until fully incorporated.
- Measure out about a tablespoon of cookie dough. Roll the dough into a ball and slightly flatten. (if your scooper is deep enough you can skip rolling the dough into a ball, but you'll want to slightly flatten the tops so the sugar topping doesn't roll off.)
- Sprinkle the tops with extra turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 410ºF for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool before storing in an air tight container or bag.
Sugar Note I usually measure the sugars a bit full for sweeter chocolate cookies. For a richer, in chocolate, cookie level the sugar.