Easy Vegan Crumb Donut Cookies are covered in a cinnamon and sugar coating! The inside is soft and tender with a subtle hint of rich buttery goodness. Leave those packaged donuts at the store and make some healthier, egg and dairy free cookies at home!
These Crumb Donut Cookies don’t “technically” have a crumb topping because the coating lacks the added flour and oil. But who needs those added ingredients anyways! Instead, I’ve coated them in a simple cinnamon and sugar mix. The coating gives the cookie an ideal sweet/crunchy outside and breaking into it reveals a soft and tender inside.
If you haven’t already noticed, I’m a HUGE cookie fan! They’re quick, easy and almost any treat can become the base for a cookie recipe. So far I’ve made Peanut Butter Cookies, Thin Mints and Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies for the blog… and I don’t plan on stopping. In fact, I already have a chocolate cookie coming soon– really soon. So keep a look out for it!
Vegan Crumb Donut Cookies
The cookie dough is simple and comes together in no time. First prep the chia egg and cinnamon and sugar topping. Then combine the dry ingredients. In a, separate, large bowl cream together the oil and sugars. Add in the remaining wet ingredients. Now mix in the dry ingredients and you’ve got yourself some tasty cookie dough! Last step is to roll the dough balls in the cinnamon and sugar topping and bake for 10 minutes. Now for the hard part of the recipe… trying not to eat them all in one day!
If you make these Vegan Crumb Donut Cookies don’t forget to take a photo and tag me on IG @whereyougetyourprotein #WYGYP! I love seeing your creations!
Yields 20 cookies
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
1 ⅓ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup turbinado sugar
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil, softened
1 Chia egg (mix 1 Tablespoon ground chia seeds + 3 ½ Tablespoons water)
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
1 Tablespoon non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
1 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Then mix the chia egg and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the coating ingredients and in a seperate medium bowl combine the dry ingredients– set them both aside as well.
- In a large bowl cream together the oil and sugars. Mix in the remaining wet ingredients- don't forget the chia egg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet and mix until fully combined.
- Using a cookie scoop (or a Tablespoon) gather some dough and roll it into a ball. –if the dough is too oily, chill it in the fridge for 15-20 min– Place the dough ball on your cookie sheet and continue rolling balls until there is no more dough.
- Now coat each dough ball in the cinnamon and sugar mix. If you notice the coating not sticking well, give them another dip in the coating.
- Slightly flatten the dough balls. They shouldn't spread too much during baking.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made via my affiliate links support more great content on this site.