Vegan BBQ Ranch Dressing –A creamy dreamy dressing worth slathering on everything from salads to tacos & burritos! This healthy dressing is vegan, oil-free and gluten-free! It also has a nut-free option to make it allergy friendly.
This Creamy Vegan BBQ Ranch Dressing is an old favorite!
It has been with me since the beginning of my vegan journey. It started out as a vegan mayo-based dressing, but that quickly changed as I became more health conscious. I replaced the mayo with cashews and non-dairy milk, then added a few more seasonings for the perfect dressing.
How do I soak cashews?
This dressing is best with soaked cashews.
If you’re unfamiliar with soaking cashews simply follow the 3 easy steps below.
- Bring about a cup of water to a boil, then turn off the heat.
- Toss the cashews in and let them soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the softened cashews.
The cashews can also be soaked overnight. Place them in a lidded bowl. Pour in enough fresh water to cover the cashews. The next morning, drain and rinse the softened cashews.
What else can I use this creamy dressing on?
The only way to find out how irresistible this dressing is to give it a taste! After mixing in the parsley and chives, I dare you to give the spoon a lick. You’ll immediately know why
It really is that good!
How do I make this dressing allergy friendly?
I know, I know……
You’re probably thinking… “This dressing looks irresistible and I want to try it, but I’m allergic to nuts!”
Just replace the cashews with an equal amount of sunflower seeds or hemp seeds to create an allergy-friendly Creamy Vegan BBQ Ranch Dressing!
Now join us in slathering it on everything!
- 1/2 cup organic raw cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, or more as needed to thin
- 1-2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoons fresh chives
- Optional: cayenne pepper or chipotle powder for some added heat
- Place all the ingredients (except parsley and chives) into your blender. Blend until creamy.
- Pour the dressing into a bowl and stir-in the parsley and chives.
- Place the dressing in the fridge to cool for at least 30 min to an hour. If needed, add more non-dairy milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Enjoy this creamy BBQ ranch drizzled over your favorite salads, tacos or burritos.
Allergy Friendly Note: To create an allergy friendly Creamy BBQ Ranch Dressing, replace the cashews with an equal amount sunflower seeds or hemp seeds. If using sunflower seeds, soak and process them per the cashew instructions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 small salads Serving Size: 1 small salad
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 2mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Protein: 4g
Updated: Feb 24, 2019