Vegan BBQ Ranch Dressing is a creamy dreamy dressing worth slathering on everything from salads to tacos & burritos! This healthy salad dressing is vegan, oil-free and gluten-free! It also has a nut-free option to make it allergy friendly.
This Creamy Vegan BBQ Ranch Dressing is an old favorite!
It has been with me since the beginning of my vegan journey. It started out as a vegan mayo-based dressing, but that quickly changed as I became more health-conscious. I replaced the mayo with cashews and non-dairy milk, then added a few more seasonings for the perfect dressing.
How to soak cashews?
For an ideal creaminess, this dressing is best with soaked cashews.
You can use one of the 3 methods in my soaking cashews post. Or follow the simple steps below for my favorite way to soak cashews.
- Bring about a cup of water to a boil, then turn off the heat.
- Toss the cashews in and let them soak for 15-20 minutes, or until softened.
- Drain and rinse the softened cashews.
The cashews can also be soaked overnight. Place them in a lidded bowl. Pour in enough fresh water to cover the cashews. The next morning, drain and rinse the softened cashews.
What else can I use this creamy dressing on?
The only way to find out how irresistible this dressing is to give it a taste! After mixing in the parsley and chives, I dare you to give the spoon a lick. It's that good!
It's an amazing sauce!
How do I make this dressing allergy-friendly?
I know, I know......
You're probably thinking... "This dressing looks irresistible and I want to try it, but I'm allergic to nuts!"
Just replace the cashews with an equal amount of sunflower seeds or hemp seeds to create an allergy-friendly Creamy Vegan BBQ Ranch Dressing!
Now join us in slathering it on everything!
• • •
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also enjoy one of these:
We'd love to hear from you!
If you loved this dressing recipe, please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card and share your thoughts in the comments below. Also, if you snap a photo be sure to share it with us! We love to see your creations! You can find us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, or more as needed to thin
- 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce of choice
- 1-2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoons fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- Pepper to taste
- Optional: cayenne pepper or chipotle powder for some added heat
- Place all the ingredients (except parsley and chives) into a NutriBullet or high speed blender. Blend until creamy.
- Pour the dressing into a lidded storage container and stir-in the parsley and chives.
- Place the dressing in the fridge to cool for at least 30 min to an hour before serving. If needed, add more non-dairy milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Enjoy this creamy BBQ ranch drizzled over your favorite salads, tacos or burritos.
- Allergy Friendly Dressing: To create an allergy friendly Creamy BBQ Ranch Dressing, replace the cashews with an equal amount sunflower seeds or hemp seeds. If using sunflower seeds, soak and process them per the cashew instructions.
- For extra dressing double the recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 small salads Serving Size: 1 small salad
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
**Nutritional info is provided as an estimate based on the ingredients I used and for convenience and as a courtesy only.**
Updated: May 18, 2019