Vegan wild rice soup is a hearty, delicious, and warming one-pot meal. It's the perfect dinner on those cold winter evenings. This flavorful soup only takes a few simple ingredients and about 30 minutes to cook. This one-pot recipe just got easier with *new* Instant-Pot instructions!
Nothing beats the smell of vegetable soup cooking on a cold winter day.
This week we are expecting a lot of rain, so I made a batch of this vegan wild rice soup. The hearty vegetables, wild rice, and white beans made this a filling meal.
Not to mention, I was able to throw it all together with ingredients I had on hand. So, no trip to the store for me on this cold wet day!
• • •
Vegan Wild Rice Soup is easy to make
It takes one pot, 3 simple steps, and about 30 minutes of cook time.
First, chop the veggies into bite-sized pieces. I used a whole yellow onion, 3 carrots, 3 celery ribs, and equivalent to 3 large garlic cloves.
Second, add them to a large soup pot along with the spices. (oregano, dried parsley, thyme, dry mustard, and salt.)
Cover and cook 5-7 min to slightly soften the veggies.
Add the wild rice and cook a few more minutes.
Third, add the remaining ingredients. (vegetable broth, water, miso, nutritional yeast, beans, and bay leaves.)
In about 30 minutes you'll have yourself a delicious, hearty, warming soup!
When the wild rice soup is ready to serve, garnish each bowl with fresh parsley, fresh ground black pepper, and cashew parmesan.
I brushed the top with organic coconut oil. It paired perfectly with the soup and kept the whole family full and warm on a cold, rainy day.
More great vegan soups to keep you warm this winter
We'd love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card and share your thoughts in the comments below. Also, if you snap a photo be sure to share it with us! We love to see your creations! You can find us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.
- 4 cups plus 3-4 tablespoons vegetable broth, divided
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup wild rice blend
- 1 (15oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 Tablespoon light miso paste
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 small bay leaves
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Cashew Parmesan
- Chop the veggies and add them to a large soup pot along with, 3 tablespoons broth, oregano, thyme, parsley, dry mustard, and salt. Stir and cover.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes to slightly soften the veggies.
- Stir in the rice and cook a few more minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, 4 cups veggie broth, 1 and 1/2 cups water, miso, nutritional yeast, white beans, and bay leaves.- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and let simmer for 30-40 min, or until the rice is fully cooked.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Serve each bowl topped with fresh parsley, fresh ground pepper, and cashew parm.
- Add a bit of oil or vegetable broth cook and the celery, onion, and carrots. Sauté until they begin to soften.
- Cancel the cooking mode and add in the remaining ingredients including seasonings.
- Set the Instant Pot to 22 minutes using the manual/pressure cook feature.
- Allow it to naturally release pressure before opening the lid.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 bowls Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 9gSugar: 5gProtein: 14g