One-Pot Vegan Wild Rice Soup is hearty delicious and warming. It’s the perfect meal for those cold winter evenings. This flavorful soup only takes one pot, a few simple ingredients and about 30 minutes to cook. It’s Gluten-Free too!
Nothing beats the smell of vegetable soup cooking on a cold winters day.
This week we are expecting a lot of rain, so I made a batch of this vegan wild rice soup. The hearty vegetables, wild rice, and white beans made this a filling meal.
Not to mention, I was able to throw it all together with ingredients I had on hand. So, no trip to the store for me on this cold wet day!
Vegan Wild Rice Soup is easy to make
It takes one pot, 3 simple steps, and about 30 minutes of cook time.
First, chop the veggies into bite-sized pieces. I used a whole yellow onion, 3 carrots, 3 celery ribs, and equivalent to 3 large garlic cloves.
Second, add them to a large soup pot along with the spices. (oregano, dried parsley, thyme, dry mustard, and salt.) Cover and cook 5-7 min to slightly soften the veggies.
Add the wild rice and cook a few more minutes.
Third, add the remaining ingredients. (vegetable broth, water, miso, nutritional yeast, beans, and bay leaves.)
In about 30 minutes you’ll have yourself a delicious, hearty, warming soup!
When the wild rice soup is ready to serve, garnish each bowl with fresh parsley, fresh ground black pepper, and cashew parmesan.
Since this vegan wild rice soup was quick and easy to prepare, I decided to make a loaf of French Bread.
I brushed the top with organic coconut oil. It paired perfectly with the soup and kept the whole family full and warm on a cold, rainy day.
More great vegan soups to keep you warm this winter
We’d love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card and share your thoughts in the comments below. Also, if you snap a photo be sure to share it with us! We love to see your creations! You can find us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.
- 4 cups plus 3-4 tablespoons vegetable broth, divided
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup wild rice blend
- 1 (15oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 Tablespoon light miso paste
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 small bay leaves
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Cashew Parmesan
- Chop the veggies and add them to a large soup pot along with, 3 tablespoons broth, oregano, thyme, parsley, dry mustard, and salt. Stir and cover.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes to slightly soften the veggies.
- Stir in the rice and cook a few more minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, 4 cups veggie broth, 1 and 1/2 cups water, miso, nutritional yeast, white beans, and bay leaves.- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and let simmer for 30-40 min, or until the rice is fully cooked.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Serve each bowl topped with fresh parsley, fresh ground pepper, and cashew parm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 bowls Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 2mg Carbohydrates: 38g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 14g