In the mood to indulge on some rocky road? Get out your food processor and create this dairy-free, rich and creamy Vegan Rocky Road Banana Ice Cream.
I've had a bag of vegan marshmallows laying around for a while. Every time I look at them I remember the simpler days of picking up a gallon of rocky road ice cream from the store and indulging.
Well, today I finally put that bag of vegan marshmallows to good use! I recreated my old favorite--rocky road ice cream.
This ice cream is so rich and creamy. It's the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day!
The almonds give this recipe the perfect soft crunch. The chewy marshmallows and rich chocolate ice cream bring it all together. You're bound to finish the whole batch yourself!
• • •
We'd love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card and share your thoughts in the comments below. Also, if you snap a photo be sure to share it with us! We love to see your creations! You can find us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.
- 4 frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, or to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted almonds
- 1/3 cup vegan marshmallows
- Shaved dark chocolate
- Shaved almonds
- In a food processor, pulse the bananas, cocoa powder, and non-dairy milk until the bananas are broken down into smaller chunks.
- Then, blend the ingredients until smooth. Periodically stop the processor to scrape down the sides. It might seem as though the bananas are just crumbling and not becoming creamy. This is normal, just keep pulsing/blending.
- Now, add the almonds to the processor and pulse a few times to roughly chop them.
- Transfer the rocky road to a bowl and mix in the marshmallows.
- Add the toppings and enjoy right away, or place the bowl in the freezer for about 30 min to firm up a bit.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 577Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 95gFiber: 11gSugar: 54gProtein: 11g
**Nutritional info is provided as an estimate based on the ingredients I used and for convenience and as a courtesy only.**