In the mood to indulge on some rocky road? Get out your food processor and create this dairy-free, rich and creamy Vegan Rocky Road Banana Nice Cream. 😋 (you can thank me later)
I’ve had a bag of vegan marshmallows laying around for awhile. Every time I look at them I remember the ignorant days of buying a gallon of rocky road ice cream and indulging. Well, today I finally put those marshmallows to good use and “veganized” my old favorite, creating vegan rocky road banana nice cream.
This nice cream is so rich and creamy. The *organic, raw, unpasteurized almonds I used gave this recipe the perfect soft crunch. Paired with the chewy marshmallows and rich chocolatey nice cream, you’re bound to finish the whole batch yourself!
3-4 frozen organic bananas
2 tablespoons cocoa powder, or to taste
3 tablespoons almond milk
a handful of raw organic almonds, I used unpasteurized (or any nut of your choice)
a handful of vegan marshmallows
Shaved dark chocolate
- In a food processor, add your bananas, cocoa powder and almond milk and pulse first, then blend until smooth.
- Occasionally mixing and scraping the sides in the process. It might seem as though the bananas are just crumbling and not becoming creamy. This is normal, just keep pulsing/blending until the bananas become nice and smooth. Keeping the almond milk to a minimum makes for a thicker nice cream.
- Now add your almonds and pulse a few times to roughly chop them, or you can leave them whole.
- Transfer your nice cream to a bowl and mix in your marshmallows then place in the freezer for about 30 min. (or if your impatient like me, just devour instantly!)
- Add toppings and serve immediately, as it melts quick.
*Note: I chose to use unpasteurized almonds. “Raw” almonds sold in stores are most likely not raw. Read more about the pasteurization of almonds here.