Mouth-watering, Quick 7 Layer Vegan Tostadas. So simple to prepare and ready in under 20 min… A go-to when I’m in the mood for a quick Mexican meal.
I can’t get enough of these mouth-watering, Quick 7 Layer Vegan Tostadas with my oil-free BBQ Ranch Dressing. They are absolutely delicious and so easy to make.
Quick 7 Layer Vegan Tostadas – Ready in under 20 min
beans | lettuce | purple cabbage | tomatoes | dressing | cilantro | avocado
This recipe and my 20 minute Vegan Tacos with Cilantro Lime Sauce are my go-to meals when I’m in the mood for a quick Mexican dish. For these Tostadas, toss some organic corn tortillas in the oven, chop a few veggies, blend up the dressing (if using) and flavor the beans. Lunch is ready in less than 20 min.
Yields 8 Tostadas
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
8 organic corn tortillas*
1 medium romaine heart, chopped
Purple cabbage, shredded
1 large tomato
1 can (14 oz.) organic refried beans
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 scant teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon paprika
2-4 Tablespoons almond milk, to thin
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF. Place corn tortillas on a baking sheet and bake for 13-20 min, or until crispy. Flipping the tortillas halfway through baking.
- Chop the the veggies and prepare the dressing (if using)
- Add the beans and seasonings to a medium saucepan. Mix and heat over medium/low until beans are warm. If needed, add almond milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Layer the tostadas: beans, lettuce, cabbage, tomato, dressing, cilantro, avocado.
- I also like to sprinkle a little cayenne pepper and a squirt of lime on top for that extra kick.
Tortilla Note: Cooking time on the tortillas can vary. If I notice some tortillas are done sooner than others, I'll remove them from the oven and allow the others to finish cooking.