Vegan Banana Bread Recipe with Walnuts –super moist, egg & dairy free. A few simple ingredients bring this recipe together!
The perfect breakfast
Vegan Banana Bread is ready in 4 simple steps making it a quick & easy recipe.
- Combine the dry ingredients
- Smash the bananas
- Add in the wet ingredients
- Mix it all together
Kids love to help out
My daughter is always eager to smash the bananas and add the ingredients to the bowl.
And once the sweet aroma of vegan banana bread fills the house, she is just as eager to enjoy a slice, or two. And that means….
This super moist, vegan banana bread doesn’t last in our house!
I love to bake banana bread in these mini loaf pans. (<<affiliate link)
They are great for making this recipe in advance. Since it makes 3 mini loaves I’m able to enjoy fresh, warm bread that night, while keeping the other 2 loaves untouched for a quick breakfast the next morning. Win-win!
Mini loaves of vegan banana bread also make a great homemade gift.
Vegan Banana Bread Recipe with Walnuts
Banana Mashing Tips
To achieve ideal vegan banana bread consistency, mash the ripe bananas enough so there are no big chunks.
If the bananas are mashed too much they can become too liquefied and the loaf may need extra bake time. Or it can result in an undercooked, extra moist bottomed bread. However, if that’s your thing, I won’t judge… mash away!
It’s also best to use very spotted, ripe bananas. This will create a perfectly sweet banana bread.
The walnuts can always be replaced with your favorite nut, seed, berry, or fruit pieces. Try adding…
- pumpkin seeds
- chocolate chips
- dried cranberries
Feel free to play around with the additions. But, if you’re looking for a more classic style vegan banana bread, it’s also delicious plain.
So don’t let those ripe banana’s go to waste!
Looking for more ways to use up your ripe bananas? Try this Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread. It’s packed with chocolate chips for a rich & decadent, chocolatey taste!
For a fun kid friendly breakfast try my pop-able Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins. They’re bursting with chocolate chip cookie flavor and ready in about 20 minutes!
Or make a batch of warm Vegan Cinnamon Pancakes, they’re always a hit and easily freezable!
…And Don’t Forget
Serves 6-8 servings223
Super moist Vegan Banana Bread recipe - egg and dairy free. A few simple ingredients bring this recipe together. Don't let those ripe bananas go to waste!
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
Yields 1 loaf or 3 mini loaves
4.9 based on 20 review(s)
4 ripe organic bananas* (about 14-15oz or 390g peeled)
1 and 1/2 cups organic all purpose flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of nutmeg
a pinch of salt
1/3 cup coconut sugar, or organic brown sugar
1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
3 Tablespoons chopped walnut pieces
- Start by preheating your oven to 350ºF, greasing your bread pan (or line with parchment paper) and chopping your walnuts into smaller pieces.
- In a medium bowl, sift together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Make sure not to leave any big chunks. Small chunks are fine though.
- Add the sugar and oil to the bananas and mix until evenly combined.
- Once the oil and sugar are incorporated, gently fold in the dry ingredients just enough for everything to come together.
- Now, gently fold in your walnut pieces or other additives
- Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30-40 minutes, then test the bread with a toothpick for doneness. (it should come out clean) If the bread is still too moist bake at 5 minute intervals until done.
*I suggest weighing the bananas for best results.
*If your batter is dry slowly incorporate 1/4 cup non-dairy milk. You can also add the non-dairy milk to the wet ingredients if your bananas seem dry after mashing.
*When measuring the flour, use a spoon to scoop it into the measuring cup. Scooping the flour with the measuring cup can cause too much flour to be added.
*Store in an airtight container or bag to keep fresh for up to 3 days on the counter or a week in the fridge.