Vegan Banana Milk Pancakes are an allergy-friendly, egg-free, dairy-free and nut-free breakfast! Sweet, ripe bananas and coconut sugar keep these pancakes refined-sugar-free as well! Top your banana-filled pancake stack with extra banana slices and a good covering of maple syrup for an easy weekend brunch!
When I came out with my banana bread recipe it was an instant hit with you guys! And still is!
The banana bread uses simple, on-hand ingredients and I knew I wanted to do the same with these banana milk pancakes.
To keep this pancake recipe simple I used water and bananas to create the banana milk. This eliminated the need for plant-based milk, which instantly makes them a dairy-free breakfast option.
• • •
How to make Banana Milk
Banana Milk is easy to make. This non-dairy milk only takes 2 simple ingredients: Bananas and Water!
Toss them both in the blender for about 30 seconds and you've got homemade banana milk!
Now let's whip up some banana pancakes with your banana milk!
• • •
How to make Banana Milk Pancakes
Vegan Banana Milk Pancakes are soft, fluffy and ridiculously easy to bring together! They're loaded with sweet banana flavor and a hint of cinnamon which means they are one tasty pancake.
- Make banana milk.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together to create a batter.
- Pour the batter on the griddle and cook the pancakes.
Use up your ripe bananas and enjoy some pancakes for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or dessert.
What makes these the perfect Vegan Banana Pancakes?
If you recall in my cinnamon pancake recipe l had plenty of trouble with the batter sticking to the pan. This caused me to add extra oil to the pan. I even went to the extreme and rubbed the pan with a potato before finally revising the batter.
Surprisingly, in this recipe, the beautiful smooth golden top was achieved using a non-stick ceramic griddle, without any extra oil!
The new griddle has changed my pancake flippin’ life!
We'd love to hear from you!
If you loved these pancakes, please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card and share your thoughts in the comments below. Also, if you snap a photo be sure to share it with us! We love to see your creations! You can find us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.
- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 cup water
- 2 bananas (about 8oz peeled)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil, (use refined for a neutral taste)
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Blend the water, bananas and vanilla extract in a blender just enough to create a smooth banana milk. If froth is created after blending the banana milk, scoop it off and discard. Measure out 2 cups of homemade banana milk. If needed, add more water to reach the 2 cups line.
- Add the banana milk and oil to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Gently whisk together until just combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Add a bit of oil to the heated pan and pour about ⅓ cup of batter down. (If you're using a non-stick surface the oil is optional.)
- Flip the pancake when the outer edge begins to appear cooked and bubbles form and pop on top. Cook on the other side for 1-2 more minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown.
- To keep warm, place the cooked pancakes in a 200ºF preheated oven until ready to serve.
- Serve topped with banana slices and maple syrup.
Using more than the recommended 8oz of bananas may create a thicker banana milk. In return this may cause a thicker batter. In this instance gently fold a few more Tablespoons of water into the batter.
I've also had success mashing the bananas by hand, then mixing the mashed bananas with water to create the 'banana milk'.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
**Nutritional info is provided as an estimate based on the ingredients I used and for convenience and as a courtesy only.**