Vegan Banana Milk Pancakes are an allergy-friendly, egg-free, dairy-free and nut-free breakfast! Sweet, ripe bananas and coconut sugar keep these pancakes refined-sugar-free as well! Top your banana-filled pancake stack with extra banana slices and a good covering of maple syrup for an easy weekend brunch!
When I came out with my banana bread recipe it was an instant hit with you guys! (and still is!)
The banana bread uses simple, on-hand ingredients and I knew I wanted to do the same with these banana milk pancakes.
To keep this pancake recipe simple I decided to use water and bananas to create a banana milk. This eliminates the need of a non-dairy milk instantly making these an allergy friendly breakfast.
How to make Banana Milk
How to make vegan banana milk pancakes in 3 easy steps
Perfect Vegan Banana Milk Pancakes
If you recall, in my cinnamon pancake recipe l had plenty of trouble with the batter sticking to the pan. This caused me to add extra oil to the pan. I even went to the extreme and rubbed the pan with a potato before finally revising the batter.
Surprisingly, in this recipe the beautiful smooth golden top was achieved using a non-stick ceramic griddle, without any extra oil!
The new griddle has changed my pancake flippin’ life!
Thinking of making these sweet banana milk pancakes? Don’t forget to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @whereyougetyourprotein and #WYGYP so I don’t miss it!
I can’t wait to see your creations!
Vegan Banana Milk Pancakes are an allergy-friendly, egg-free, dairy-free and nut-free breakfast! Sweet, ripe bananas and coconut sugar keep these pancakes refined-sugar-free as well!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
Yields 10-12 pancakes
2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
2 teaspoons coconut sugar
1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 and 3/4 cup water*
2 bananas (about 7oz)
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil, I use refined for a neutral taste
- Heat your griddle or pan over medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Blend water, bananas and vanilla extract in a blender just enough to create a smooth banana milk. this should only take about 30 seconds
- Add the banana milk, vanilla extract and oil to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Gently whisk together until just combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Add a bit of oil to your griddle/pan. Pour 1/3 cup of batter on the heated griddle/pan. (If you're using a ceramic non-stick surface the oil is optional.)
- Flip each pancake once the edges begin to cook and bubbles form and pop on top. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- To keep warm, place the cooked pancakes on a plate and cover with a tea towel.
- Serve topped with banana slices and maple syrup.
*Using more than the recommended 7oz of bananas may create a thicker banana milk, which may cause a thicker batter. In this instance add a few more Tablespoons of water to the batter and gently fold in.
*I've also had success mashing the bananas first then mixing the mashed bananas with water to create the 'banana milk'.
*This post contains affiliate links.