Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is a classic homestyle recipe made with simple ingredients. It’s super easy to bring together making it an ideal weeknight dinner. This healthy & flavorful chunky vegetable soup is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and allergy friendly!
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is a simple and classic recipe packed with good for you ingredients. Kitchen staples like potatoes, carrots, onion, celery, and tomatoes make up the hearty veggie base.
However, feel free to swap out any of the veggies for ones you may need to use up in your fridge. And, don’t be afraid to play around with the recipe by adding rice, beans or even a cup of pasta. But, be sure to increase the broth if you decide to add absorbent ingredients.
This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup comes together in minutes, and is ready just as fast! Toss all the ingredients right into the IP -no need to sauté any vegetables. Set it to manual for 10 minutes and walk away! Allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes and you’re ready to eat!
For a filling meal, pair this soup with a garden salad and bread sticks, or keep it simple with crackers.
Why should you make Instant Pot Vegetable Soup?
- It’s a cinch to bring together.
- Full of healthy whole food ingredients.
- Perfect for keeping warm on those cold days.
- Ingredients are interchangeable to what you have on hand.
- Great for using up leftover veggies.
- It’s a fool proof recipe.
This rich and flavorful Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. From adults to kids, this soup delivers a ‘gotta have it’ taste that will keep your Instant Pot busy all winter long.
If you don’t own an instant pot yet, get one here! But in the mean time try the stovetop directions below.
Check out one of my other delicious soup recipes
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is a classic homestyle recipe made with simple ingredients. It’s super easy to bring together making it an ideal weeknight dinner. This healthy chunky vegetable soup is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and allergy friendly!
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
Yields 4-5 bowls
3 cups vegetable broth
1 and 1/2 cups water
4 garlic cloves minced, or 1 and 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 medium onion, I use sweet vidalia
5 yukon gold potatoes or about 2lbs potatoes of choice
4 celery ribs
4 medium carrots
1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 onion powder
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
2 bay leaves
salt to taste I use about 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
pepper to taste
- Rough chop the veggies. I like to cut them into big chunks.
- Add everything to the Instant-Pot . Make sure the liquid is covering the veggies. If you added extra veggies you may need to increase the broth.
- Press the manual feature and set the IP to 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Allow the soup to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes, then turn the vent knob and quick release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully open the lid and give the soup a stir.
- Serve warm.
- Rough chop the veggies into big chunks.
- Add everything to a large soup pot and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 35-45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- The soup is done when the veggies are soft and the potatoes are tender.
- Serve warm.
*Generously measure the seasonings for extra flavor.
*Making this soup ahead of time allows the flavors to really come together.
*Add a few Tablespoons of tomato paste to enhance the tomato flavor.
*If you decide to add pasta to the soup, I suggest using no more than 1 cup, increasing the broth another 2 cups and adding in extra seasonings.
*If you decide to add rice to the soup, I suggest using about 1/4 cup, increasing the broth another 1/2 cup and adding in extra seasonings.
*This post contains affiliate links