Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies are a decadent brownie crammed into a cookie then loaded with chocolate chips. They are egg-free, dairy-free and made with 8 simple ingredients you probably have on hand!
Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies
I’ve made my share of brownies and have yet to create a vegan recipe I find worthy of posting on here. I’m still recipe testing, but it seems to be a slow process so far. In the meantime I did create these Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies which will help fill the brownie void for now. They are rich in chocolate and have a perfectly crisp/crackled top which is why I had to add brownie to the name. The tops are sprinkled with turbinado sugar to enhance the crunch (and of course sweetness).
Lately, my next door neighbor has been taste testing all of my cookies. She always exclaims these are by far her FAVORITE! I’ve been partial to the Crumb Donut Cookies myself, but then again I’m a sucker for anything with cinnamon. However, when I need a chocolate fix these Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies are definitely my go-to.
Pair these chocolatey cookies with a tall glass of non-dairy milk and satisfy those chocolate cravings! Or if you’re in the baking mood, make a batch of vegan peanut butter cookies.
We’d love to hear from you!
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card and share your thoughts in the comments below. Also, if you snap a photo be sure to share it with us! We love to see your creations! You can find us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- To begin- line your baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 410ºF.
- In a medium bowl, sift the cocoa powder. Add in the remaining dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- In a larger bowl cream together the coconut oil and sugars, then add in the non-dairy milk.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the dry ingredients into the wet until fully incorporated.
- Measure out about a tablespoon of cookie dough and place on the cookie sheet. Slightly flatten the tops so the sugar topping doesn't roll off.
- Sprinkle the tops with extra turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 410ºF for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool before storing in an air tight container or bag.
- For a chewier cookie replace the 3 Tablespoons non-dairy milk with 1 chia egg. To make the chia egg-- Mix together 1 Tablespoon ground chia seed and 3 Tablespoons water. Set aside to to thicken.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 43mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 1g
*Disclosure: This post contains / may contain affiliate links.