Vegan Brownie Cookies are decadent brownies crammed into a cookie and then loaded with chocolate chips. They are egg-free, dairy-free, and made with 8 simple ingredients you probably have on hand!
Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies
I’ve made my share of brownies and have yet to create a vegan recipe I find worthy of posting on here. I’m still recipe testing, but it seems to be a slow process so far. In the meantime, I did create these Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies which will help fill the brownie void for now. They are rich in chocolate and have a perfectly crisp/crackled top which is why I had to add brownie to the name. The tops are sprinkled with turbinado sugar to enhance the crunch (and of course sweetness).
Lately, my next-door neighbor has been taste-testing all of my cookies. She always exclaims these are by far her FAVORITE! I’ve been partial to the Crumb Donut Cookies myself, but then again I’m a sucker for anything with cinnamon. However, when I need a chocolate fix these Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies are definitely my go-to.
Pair these chocolatey cookies with a tall glass of non-dairy milk and satisfy those chocolate cravings! Or if you’re in the baking mood, make a batch of vegan peanut butter cookies.
We'd love to hear from you!
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card and share your thoughts in the comments below. Also, if you snap a photo be sure to share it with us! We love to see your creations! You can find us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- To begin- line your baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 410ºF.
- In a medium bowl, sift the cocoa powder. Add in the remaining dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- In a larger bowl cream together the coconut oil and sugars, then add in the non-dairy milk.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the dry ingredients into the wet until fully incorporated.
- Measure out about a tablespoon of cookie dough and place on the cookie sheet. Slightly flatten the tops so the sugar topping doesn't roll off.
- Sprinkle the tops with extra turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 410ºF for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool before storing in an air tight container or bag.
- For a chewier cookie replace the 3 Tablespoons non-dairy milk with 1 chia egg. To make the chia egg-- Mix together 1 Tablespoon ground chia seed and 3 Tablespoons water. Set aside to to thicken.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
**Nutritional info is provided as an estimate based on the ingredients I used and for convenience and as a courtesy only.**
*Disclosure: This post contains / may contain affiliate links.