Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies are soft, irresistible cookies bursting with peanut butter flavor. They taste just like the classic cookie only their egg and dairy free! They’re sure to hit the spot when you’re peanut butter cravings kick in!
I just impressed myself (and my family) with the best peanut butter cookies ever!
You may be wondering, what makes these the best cookies? Well, they’re quick, easy, egg-free, dairy-free and better for you than the classic cookies.
By now you may know I’m not too patient about waiting for cookies to chill. So today I took a leap of faith and skipped the chill step. To compensate, I made sure my oil was solid and the liquid ingredients were cold. The results were delicious, soft, perfect peanut butter cookies with a slight touch of salt!
All I can say is––Classic Peanut Butter Cookie perfection!
How to make vegan peanut butter cookies
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the oil and sugar.
- Add the peanut butter and remaining wet ingredients. Mix until blended.
- Mix in the flour until fully combined.
- Scoop out 1 Tablespoon of cookie dough and place on a baking sheet.
- Using a fork, crosshatch each cookie then sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes and ENJOY!
What kind of peanut butter do I use?
I love fresh ground peanut butter, which can be found at Whole Foods Market in the bulk area. This is he peanut butter I use and recommend.
You can also make your own peanut butter in a food processor. Process unsalted peanuts until they are creamy, yet still slightly chunky. The peanut butter will go through a few phases: First it will be crumbly, then it will begin to clump together, then it finally smoothes out.
In a pinch you can also use natural peanut butter in a jar.
• • •
If you enjoyed this cookie recipe you may also enjoy one of these:
- 1 and 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil, solid
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh ground peanut butter, (see note)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (see note)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle with extra turbinado sugar
- Preaheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil and sugars.
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour half of the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet and mix.
- Pour in the other half and mix until fully combined. The dough should be soft and easily stick to it's self. If your dough is a bit dry add a teaspoon or 2 more of non-dairy milk.
Form the Cookies
- Place a Tablespoon of dough on your baking sheet. Using the bottom of a cup (or palm of your hand like I did) gently smash each cookie.
- Using a fork, crosshatch each cookie then sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 350º for 10-13 minutes. 10 minutes will yield a softer cookie.
- Serve these soft peanut butter cookies with a glass of non-dairy milk and watch them disappear!
- Fresh ground peanut butter can be found at Whole Foods in the bulk area.
- If you can’t find fresh ground peanut butter, you can always make your own in a food processor. Process unsalted peanuts until they become creamy, yet still chunky.
- Natural peanut butter in a jar will also work.
- If the dough is a bit dry add a bit more non-dairy milk. But be sure not to add too much, you don’t want a sticky dough. The dough should easily stick to itself while kneading it with your hands.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 26 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 85mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 2g