Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies are soft, irresistible cookies bursting with peanut butter flavor. They taste just like the classic cookie only their egg and dairy-free! They're sure to hit the spot when you’re peanut butter cravings kick in!
I just impressed myself (and my family) with the best peanut butter cookies ever!
You may be wondering, what makes these the best cookies? Well, they're quick, easy, egg-free, dairy-free and better for you than the classic cookies.
By now you may know I’m not too patient about waiting for cookies to chill. So today I took a leap of faith and skipped the chill step. To compensate, I made sure my oil was solid and the liquid ingredients were cold. The results were delicious, soft, perfect peanut butter cookies with a slight touch of salt!
All I can say is––Classic Peanut Butter Cookie perfection!
How to make vegan peanut butter cookies
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the oil and sugar.
- Add the peanut butter and remaining wet ingredients. Mix until blended.
- Mix in the flour until fully combined.
- Scoop out 1 Tablespoon of cookie dough and place on a baking sheet.
- Using a fork, crosshatch each cookie then sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes and ENJOY!
What kind of peanut butter do I use?
I love fresh ground peanut butter, which can be found at Whole Foods Market in the bulk area. This is the peanut butter I use and recommend.
You can also make your own peanut butter in a food processor. Process unsalted peanuts until they are creamy, yet still slightly chunky. The peanut butter will go through a few phases: First, it will be crumbly, then it will begin to clump together, then it finally smoothes out.
In a pinch, you can also use natural peanut butter in a jar.
• • •
If you enjoyed this cookie recipe you may also enjoy one of these:
- 1 and 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil, solid
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh ground peanut butter, (see note)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (see note)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle with extra turbinado sugar
- Preaheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil and sugars.
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour half of the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet and mix.
- Pour in the other half and mix until fully combined. The dough should be soft and easily stick to it's self. If your dough is a bit dry add a teaspoon or 2 more of non-dairy milk.
Form the Cookies
- Place a Tablespoon of dough on your baking sheet. Using the bottom of a cup (or palm of your hand like I did) gently smash each cookie.
- Using a fork, crosshatch each cookie then sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 350º for 10-13 minutes. 10 minutes will yield a softer cookie.
- Serve these soft peanut butter cookies with a glass of non-dairy milk and watch them disappear!
- Fresh ground peanut butter can be found at Whole Foods in the bulk area.
- If you can’t find fresh ground peanut butter, you can always make your own in a food processor. Process unsalted peanuts until they become creamy, yet still chunky.
- No-stir peanut butter will also work.
- If the dough is slightly dry add a bit more non-dairy milk. But be sure not to add too much, you don’t want a sticky dough. The dough should easily stick to itself, but not the bowl when fully mixed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 26 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
**Nutritional info is provided as an estimate based on the ingredients I used and for convenience and as a courtesy only.**