Vegan Italian Pasta Salad is prepared with a sweet and tangy, homemade balsamic vinaigrette. It's a "must-have” for any summertime picnic or gathering. This recipe is quick, easy to make and ready in under 30 minutes! Plus, swapping out the noodles instantly makes this gluten-free!
The past few days have been HOT!
So, today I went in search of a quick, cool down meal that didn't require a lot of effort. Seeing as I had a few ripe avocados, I decided on avocado sandwiches for my family. But, I also wanted a side to go with them to make the meal a bit more filling.
That’s when I remembered my Italian Pasta Salad recipe. It's a cold pasta so I knew it would pair perfectly on this hot summer day. I dug up the recipe and miraculously had all the ingredients on hand ...it's like it was meant to be!
This Italian Pasta Salad came together in 4 easy steps:
- Cook the pasta
- Chop the veggies
- Mix the dressing
- Toss everything together
That's it... you’re done!
This recipe makes a large, party-sized portion that’s great for summer gatherings. However, it can easily be halved if you are looking for a family-sized serving. Personally, I like to make the whole batch because I can enjoy it throughout the week.
It's great paired with your favorite sandwich for a quick, cool lunch. Or enjoy it alongside a BBQ back bean burger for a filling dinner. Better yet, just grab a fork and dig in for a late-night snack!
We'd love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card and share your thoughts in the comments below.
Also, if you snap a photo be sure to share it with us! We love to see your creations! You can find us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.
Italian Pasta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Vegan Italian Pasta Salad is prepared with a sweet and tangy, homemade balsamic vinaigrette. This recipe is quick, easy to make and ready in under 30 minutes! Plus, swapping out the noodles instantly makes it gluten-free!
For the Pasta
- 16 oz. package of organic fusilli pasta (for GF option use gluten-free pasta)
- 1 can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 3-4 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 carrots, coined then cut in half
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Fresh Italian parsley for garnish, chopped
For the Dressing
- 7 Tablespoons organic balsamic vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½ Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ to 2 teaspoons pink salt, or to taste
- Cashew parmesan
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
For the pasta
- Cook pasta to al dente, per directions on the package. Then drain and rinse with cool water to keep the pasta from further cooking.
- While the pasta cooks prep the veggies and dressing.
For the veggies
- Slice the carrots into coins, then cut each coin in half.
- Slice the olives.
- Cut the bell pepper into strips. Then cut bite-sized pieces from the strips.
- Chop the celery into bite-sized pieces
- Finely chop the onion.
- Set the veggies aside and prep the dressing.
For the Dressing
- To emulsify the oil and vinegar, add all ingredients to a mason jar (or lidded jar/cup) and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can use a blender or mixer, but I found mixing it by hand doesn't fully incorporate the oil and vinegar.
- Add the cooked pasta to a large bowl. Pour ¾ of the dressing over the pasta and toss to coat evenly.
- Now, toss in the veggies.
- Pour in the remaining dressing and toss one last time.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 servings Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 428mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g
**Nutritional info is provided as an estimate based on the ingredients I used and for convenience and as a courtesy only.**
Uh, YUM! Love that you used that balsamic instead of the normal Italian or creamy dressing. Fight the dressing power, you! Looks delicious!