We all know hummus is a dip you can enjoy with basically anything. I love it with crackers, naan bread, chips, veggie sticks… you get the point.
Hummus is just that good!
Well you know what else is just as good? Avocado! Place the two on some seeded multigrain toast with sliced vine ripe tomatoes, salt and pepper and you’ve got a party for your taste buds!
If you’re anything like me, some days you just want a simple meal without too much effort… well, this hummus and avocado toast has been my go-to and will soon be yours too!
I always have a few avocados out ripening, tomatoes in the fridge and lately my Ultimate Hummus in there as well. This makes for an easy, light breakfast or lunch when paired with fruit. Or a quick afternoon snack by itself.
Hummus and Avocado Toast is simple to make
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- Slather each piece with hummus.
- Top with avocado slices.
- Finish with sliced tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and DEVOUR!
I know this Hummus and Avocado Toast recipe doesn’t fit the standards of a “real recipe” per-say, but it was too delicious, and easy to make for me not to share.
Sometimes the most basic throw-together meals are the tastiest! And this recipe has all the taste you are looking for in an under 10 minute breakfast/lunch!
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also enjoy one of these:
We'd love to hear from you!
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card and share your thoughts in the comments below. Also, if you snap a photo be sure to share it with us! We love to see your creations! You can find us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.
Hummus and Avocado Toast
- 2 Pieces of seeded multi-grain bread, toasted (or bread of choice)
- 6 Tablespoons Ultimate Hummus, divided
- 1 ripe avocado
- tomato slices
Season to taste with:
- Himalayan pink salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper, optional
- Toast your bread to desired brownness. I like my toast slightly darker, so I set the toaster to medium/dark.
- Once the toast is done, let it cool a few minutes.
- Place about 3 Tablespoons Ultimate Hummus on each piece of toast. I like a little heat, so at this point I'll sprinkle cayenne on the hummus, but it's completely optional.
- Top each piece of toast with half an avocado cut into chunky slices.
- Finish with tomato slices and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 serving Serving Size: 2 slices of toast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Cholesterol: 0mgProtein: 16g