Ready in 20 minutes, these mini Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins will be a new go-to, pop-able treat! Bursting with chocolate chip cookie flavor, these soft mini muffins are sure to be a hit! They’re great for lunch boxes or as a fun after school snack.
Does anyone else have a snack demanding 8 year old? Or is it just me?
My daughter’s 3 favorite words throughout the day are “what’s for snack?” After being asked multiple times in a day, I’m likely to reply: “Umm, you’re 8 find something.” Unfortunately that response didn’t work today. Instead, she had plans for us whip up some chocolate chip cookies. I had a better idea…
I’ve had my eye on a mini muffin pan that was shoved to the back of the cupboard. I just hadn’t figured out what cute little muffins to make, until my daughter brought up chocolate chip cookies. Then it hit me…
Cute mini muffin pans = Cute Mini Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins!
Of course my daughter was all for the muffins because there were chocolate chips inside and she couldn’t resist cute little muffins. Not to mention the popable factor even had me enticed.
in my 20’s, I remember snacking on mini muffins. I would buy a box of those individually packaged mini chocolate chip muffins, you know, the chintzy pack of 4. Even though there were only 4 to a pack, I thought they were the best 4 mini muffins ever. Now, I cringe at the ingredients in those little packages.
So, in the kitchen we went to make some healthier (than those mini chemical muffins), vegan and chemical-free Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins!
Mini Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
These mini muffins are ready in about 20 minutes. And they’re fairly easy to toss together:
- Create a buttermilk
- Add in the dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- Then, fold in the wet ingredients.
- Fill-up the muffin cups and pop those babies in the oven.
- Now, all that stands between you and those soft little chocolatey muffins is 10 minutes of baking.
How to achieve mini muffin perfection:
Sifting the flour and folding in the wet ingredients –rather than mixing–is important to achieve perfect, fluffy pillow top muffins. I’ve seen plenty of over mixed, flat-top muffins around the web (and in my own kitchen).
Since I began sifting and folding in the dry ingredients, I’ve been able to achieve soft, fluffy muffins rather than dense, thick muffin pucks. And I know you’ll have the same success, so let’s get baking!
For another pop-able, fun kid snacks check out my sweet & salty, soft pretzel bites.
Don’t forget to share the recipe on social media. Also, leave a comment I would love to hear from you! And, never miss out on a ‘mouth-watering’ recipe, remember to subscribe to our newsletter! 📩
Ready in 20 minutes, these mini Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins will be a new go-to, pop-able treat! Bursting with chocolate chip cookie flavor, these soft mini muffins are sure to be a hit! They’re great for lunchboxes, or as a fun after school snack.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
Yields 24 mini or 12 regular muffins
5 based on 2 review(s)
2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup organic coconut sugar, packed
1 cup non-dairy milk, I use unsweetened almond milk
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice
1/4 cup organic refined coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Start by greasing a mini muffin pan with coconut oil and preheating your oven to 375º.
- Measure the almond milk and stir in the vinegar. Set aside to create a buttermilk.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Now mix in the coconut sugar and chocolate chips.
- Pour the non-dairy milk/vinegar mix and remaining wet ingredients (oil, vanilla and syrup) into the bowl of dry, then fold them together. Don’t over mix, a few lumps are ok.
- Fill each muffin cup to the top, using up the batter to fill all 24 cups.
- Bake at 375º for 10-12 min or until toothpick comes out clean of batter.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 min before transferring to a cooling rack.
- To store–allow muffins to cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 5 days (if they last that long).
*For a sweeter muffin at 2-3 more Tablespoons of maple syrup.
*For regular sized muffins: bake for 20-22 minutes then test with a toothpick for doneness.