A healthier/cruelty-free option to nacho cheese you won't regret trying. This delicious, creamy, vegan nacho cheese is made with soaked cashews, potatoes, carrots, and onions. Use it as a cheese dip for soft pretzel bites, add it to your favorite nachos, tacos or even baked potatoes, it's delicious on everything!
Vegan Jalapeño Nacho Cheese
Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Vegan Jalapeño Cheese Dip is so creamy and cheesy you'll want to put it on everything! Made with cashews, potatoes, carrots, and onions for a healthier option. So indulge!
- 1 and ½ cups golden potato, peeled and chopped
- ⅔ cup cashews, soaked
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Start by soaking the cashews, (This will help them blend to a smooth consistency.)
- In a saucepan, bring several cups of water to boil. While your water is heating up, peel and rough chop your carrot and potatoes, and rough chop your onion
- Add the veggies to the boiling water and cook until soft.
- While the veggies cook, place your cashews, vegan milk and one tablespoon of water from the cooking veggies to your blender and blend until smooth.
- When your veggies are fork soft, remove them from the water with a slotted spoon. Add them to your blender along with the seasonings.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. If needed, add a tablespoon at a time of veggie water to your blender to reach desired consistency.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
**Nutritional info is provided as an estimate based on the ingredients I used and for convenience and as a courtesy only.**
This dip is SO delicious! I made it without the jalapeno, but put some hot sauce in instead...so great! Thanks so much for this :)
Yay, that’s great to hear!
You are not kidding! This is THE best vegan nacho / queso dip!! I’ve tried a few other recipes and yours is amazing! Super creamy and cheesy - my husband and I loved this and will make it again soon!
The only thing I didn’t add was the lemon, honestly I just forgot it and we didn’t seem to miss it at all. Thanks and I’m looking forward to trying your other recipes!
Yay, I'm glad you guys are a fan of the dip! Let us know what you try next!
Excited to try this recipe! How long before serving can you make this? Does it keep well overnight?
It keeps well for a few days in the fridge so you can definitely make it ahead of time! You may need to add a bit of liquid when reheating. Enjoy Becca!