A healthier/cruelty-free option to nacho cheese you won't regret trying. This delicious, creamy, vegan nacho cheese is made with soaked cashews, potatoes, carrots, and onions. Use it as a cheese dip for soft pretzel bites, add it to your favorite nachos, tacos or even baked potatoes, it's delicious on everything!
- ⅔ cup cashews - soaked
- 1 and ½ cups golden potato - peeled and chopped
- ⅓ cup carrot - peeled and chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt - or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers (optional)
- Squeeze of lemon
- Start by soaking the cashews, (This will help them blend to a smooth consistency.)
- In a saucepan, bring several cups of water to boil. While your water is heating up, peel and rough chop your carrot and potatoes, and rough chop your onion
- Add the veggies to the boiling water and cook until soft.
- While the veggies cook, place your cashews, vegan milk and one tablespoon of water from the cooking veggies to your blender and blend until smooth.
- When your veggies are fork soft, remove them from the water with a slotted spoon. Add them to your blender along with the seasonings.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. If needed, add a tablespoon at a time of veggie water to your blender to reach desired consistency.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
**Nutritional info is provided as an estimate based on the ingredients I used and for convenience and as a courtesy only.**