These crispy baked seasoned fries are tender on the inside and lightly crispy on the outside. They make a great side to any vegan burger. Since the fries are baked, not fried, you can indulge in a healthier option!
There is a little secret to making crispy baked seasoned fries in the oven.
There’s a secret to achieving perfect, crispy baked seasoned fries in the oven. First, the fries need to be soaked while you cut them. And second, baking the fries on a cast iron skillet gives them a perfectly crisp bottom.
Start by filling a bowl with filtered water and toss the fries in as you chop them. Drain and throughly dry the fries. By soaking the potatoes in water, you remove most of the starch. This, in return, gives you nice crispy fries from the oven.
Next, you’ll want to place the fries in a dry bowl and add the oil. Massage the oil into the fries. Then evenly space them out, on your skillet, or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
I love to switch up the seasonings depending on the dish I am serving them with. Give them a try with your favorite seasonings!
Crispy Baked Seasoned Fries
- 3-4 medium organic russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Pink salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons organic refined coconut oil
- Fresh organic parsley (, chopped)
- Large bowl of filtered water
- Preheat your oven to 400º.
- Chop your potatoes to french fry size. As you chop your potatoes add them to a bowl of water. Once the fries are chopped, give them a stir in the bowl.
- Dry your bowl and fries very well with a clean, lint-free, kitchen towel.
- Add your cut potatoes, oil and seasonings to the bowl and mix well.
- Spread the fries flat on your skillet or pan touching as little as possible. You don’t want to crowd your pan or the fries won’t crisp up. They will result in a more baked potato texture.
- Cook at 400º for 35-45 minutes or until the tops just begin to brown. Cook time may vary depending on the size of your fries and your oven.
- Top with fresh, chopped parsley
Also for best results I suggest a cast iron skillet, but you can line any pan with parchment paper and still achieve crispy potatoes.
Note: These fries pair perfectly with my Copycat In-N-Out Vegan Burger with Spread. Thinly cut the fries and generously season with Himalayan pink salt once they are on the pan.