A 5 spice Cajun Seasoning that’s ready in under 2 minutes! This spicy seasoning has no extra salt added! Plus, the quantity is completely adjustable so make as little or as much as you’d like!
I never thought about making a spice recipe for the blog. In fact, I had no idea where to even categorize this 5 spice cajun seasoning. It couldn’t be placed under the dinner recipe section. Because, honestly, whose looking to eat a jar of seasoning for dinner?
I had to confide in my husband to reassure me where to place this Cajun Seasoning on the blog. We both agreed it was best filed under the Sauces, Dressings and Toppings category. I know, it still doesn’t fit ‘per say’. But hey, at least you won’t be tempted to sit down to a jar of spicy cajun seasoning for dinner.
5 Spice Cajun Seasoning
Well now that I got that off my mind, let me tell you what sets this cajun seasoning apart from most……
- It’s salt free! Salt is not necessary in this spicy seasoning because it can easily be added to the dish being made.
- It’s super quick to make! Just measure and shake, that’s it!
- It’s only 5 ingredients! And you probably have everything in your spice rack!
Another benefit to making your own seasoning
The quantity can easily be adjusted to make as little or as much as you need.
For the cajun lovers (ME!) you’ll want to double the recipe because it’s going to be added to everything!
However, if you like a little kick in your meals every once in a while you may want to make a half batch. It’s super easy to do and if it gets lost in the back of the cupboard it won’t be a complete waste.
This recipe was created for the sauce in my Chickpea Burgers with Spicy Cajun Sauce! If you love cajun spiced food you’ll love this burger. It’s amazing!
- 1-2 teaspoon cayenne pepper*
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- Add the ingredients to a lidded jar.
- Store with your spices for up to 3 months.
*1 teaspoon is spicy enough for me, but if you like extra spicy feel free to add more.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 9
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.