This vegan spinach artichoke dip is by far THE BEST recipe I’ve come across! Spinach and artichoke hearts are baked in a creamy cashew sauce creating this ridiculously good appetizer. Great served with crackers, chips, bread or veggies.
Tips to making the best spinach artichoke dip
- Defrost and DRY the spinach. Gently press/pat the thawed spinach between a few paper towels to remove some of the excess moisture. If necessary, repeat this step 1-2 times.
- Soak the cashews. Bring 1-2 cups of water to a boil. Turn off the heat add the cashews and soak for 10-15 minutes to soften. This will make them easier to blend into a creamy sauce.
- Drain, rinse and dry the artichoke hearts. Discard the liquid from the can of artichoke hearts. Fill the can back up with clean water and drain again to rinse. Squeeze out any excess moisture with paper towels or a kitchen towel. If necessary, repeat this step 1-2 times. Also, for best texture I’d recommend pulling off and discarding any tough outer petals if needed.
How to make easy Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
Start by blending the sauce and setting it aside.
Roughly chop the spinach and artichoke hearts and add them to a large bowl.
Pour in the cashew sauce.
And mix it all together.
Scoop the dip into an oven safe dish and bake at 350ºF for 18-22 minutes!
For the perfect party appetizer serve with
Or anything else you can dip!
To blend or not to blend?
Vegan spinach artichoke dip can be made 2 ways; chopping the spinach and artichoke or blending them with the sauce.
For a chunkier dip – chop the spinach and artichoke then mix with the sauce per the recipe. This is my preferred method for the best flavor.
For a more blended dip – simply add the spinach and artichoke hearts to the blender after blending the sauce. Pulse everything together a few times to create a finer chop. Using this method I’ve noticed the seasonings needed to be increased a bit. Taste and adjust to your liking.
More delicious appetizer ideas:
We’d love to hear from you
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5 star rating in the recipe card and share your thoughts in the comments below. Also, if you snap a photo be sure to share it with us! We love to see your creations! You can find us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
- 8 ounce bag of frozen spinach -thaw and squeeze dry
- 2 (14oz) cans artichoke hearts
- Add the soaked cashews and remaining cashew sauce ingredients to a blender. Blend until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Periodically stop the blender and scrape down the sides as needed.
- For the artichoke hearts: Drain the liquid from the cans of artichoke hearts. Then rinse them by filling the can back up with clean water and drain again. Squeeze out any extra moisture from the artichoke then roughly chop it.
- For the spinach: Thaw and squeeze out any excess moisture from the spinach, then roughly chop it.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts and spinach to a large bowl. Pour in the cashew sauce and mix until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Transfer the dip to an oven safe dish and bake at 350ºF for 18-22 minutes.
- Serve with: baguette, chips, crackers, veggies
- Soaked cashews- Bring about 1 cup of water to a boil. Turn off the heat and add in the cashews. Soak for 10-15 minutes or until soft. This will make them easier to blend
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 servings Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 33mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 4g