Super moist vegan banana bread with walnuts. A few simple ingredients bring this recipe together!
This vegan banana bread with walnuts is a perfect breakfast. It’s quick, easy to make and the kids will love to help out. My daughter is always eager to smash the bananas and add the ingredients to the bowl. And once the sweet aroma of banana bread fills the house, she is just as eager to enjoy a slice, or 2.
And that means, this super moist, vegan banana bread doesn’t last in our house!
If walnuts aren’t your thing, try adding pecans, chocolate chips, or maybe dried cranberries. Feel free to play around with the additions. If you’re looking for a more classic style banana bread, it is also great plain.
So don’t let those ripe banana’s go to waste!
When I make this banana bread in advance (such as the night before) I love to use these mini loaf pans (this recipe makes 3 mini loaves). They allow me to enjoy a fresh warm loaf of vegan banana bread that night; while keeping the other 2 loaves untouched for breakfast the next morning.
If you’re looking for another fun breakfast for the kids try my pop-able Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins. They’re bursting with chocolate chip cookie flavor and ready in about 20 minutes! Or make a batch of warm Vegan Cinnamon Pancakes, they’re always a hit and easily freezable!
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
4 ripe organic bananas (about 14oz or 380g peeled)
1 and 1/2 cups organic all purpose flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of nutmeg
a pinch of salt
1/3 cup coconut sugar, or organic brown sugar
1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
3 Tablespoons chopped walnut pieces
- Start by preheating your oven to 350ºF, greasing your bread pan and chopping your walnuts into smaller pieces.
- In a medium bowl, sift together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Make sure not to leave any big chunks. Small chunks are fine though.
- Add the sugar and oil to the bananas and mix until evenly combined.
- Once the oil and sugar are incorporated, gently fold in the dry ingredients just enough for everything to come together.
- Now, gently fold in your walnut pieces.
- Pour the batter into your greased bread pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25-35 min or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Store in an air tight container to keep fresh.