Vegan Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies are a great afternoon snack and perfect for lunchboxes. They’re loaded with salted pistachios and mini chocolate chips for an ideal sweet and salty combo! Bake a batch tonight and enjoy a quick evening treat!
Cookies are definetly my favorite sweet treat to make. They are one of the easiest snacks to make and they are ready in no time. Plus the endless flavor possibilities and combinations has me making cookies on a weekly basis!
While scrolling through the cookie recipes on the blog I realized I didn’t have any chocolate chip cookies––and that’s just wrong!
So, today things have changed because these Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies have made their debut.
Instead of posting a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe I switched it up a bit and added in one of the best nuts to have hit my mouth.
I’m talking about the PISTACHIOS of course!!
The rich taste is reminiscent of a high quality bakery cookie. And that’s what I’m after! I mean, who isn’t looking to eat the best vegan pistachio cookie ever?!
Salty pistachios are the perfect addition to the classic chocolate chip cookie!
I opted for salted pistachios because I love a good salty to sweet ratio. (however, feel free to use unsalted)
This overlooked nut gives the cookies an unrivaled nutty flavor that’ll have you instantly hooked! And, the crisp edges and soft centers will have you declaring these the BEST chocolate chip cookie!
Tips for Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies
- If you really want to enhance the saltiness, lessen the salt in the dough and top the cookies with a sprinkle of sea salt! YUM!
- For a softer, chewier cookie bake for 9-10 minutes.
- For a crispier cookie bake for 12-13 minutes.
We’d love to hear from you!
If you loved these cookies, please leave a 5 star rating in the recipe card and share your thoughts in the comments below. Also, if you snap a photo be sure to share it with us! We love to see your creations! You can find us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.
- 1 and 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon refined coconut oil, room temp softened (see note)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar, or organic brown sugar
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar, or organic granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup non-dairy mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate, larger bowl whip the coconut oil until smooth and silky. Then whip in the sugars until the mixture is light and airy. You can do this with a wooden spoon or a whisk.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and slowly add in the non dairy milk while continuing to mix.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet and mix to form a dough.
- Fold in the pistachios and chocolate chips.
- Using a Tablespoon or cookie scoop, evenly place dough balls on the cookie sheet. Slightly flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes.
- Once cooled to the touch, place the cookies on a wire rack to cool fully..
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days.
- Coconut oil: Make sure your coconut oil isn't melted or you will have soft oily cookies. Also, I used refined to keep the flavor neutral and classic, but feel free to use unrefined for a hint of coconut.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 92mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 12g Protein: 1g