Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread is a wonderful combination of moist banana bread and warm pumpkin spice flavor. This homemade quick bread is simple, easy and oh so delicious! It’s great for breakfast, as a snack or served with tea for dessert. Swap out the pumpkin seeds and add chocolate chips to the batter for a sweet Fall treat even the kids will enjoy!
We all know fall means pumpkin EVERYTHING!
And since it’s officially Fall ––I'm sharing with you the best pumpkin bread you’ll enjoy all season. This holiday bread is a spin-off of my classic banana bread recipe. It’s perfectly moist just like the banana bread, but with an added pumpkin flavor that's fitting for Fall!
What type of sugar do you use?
This vegan pumpkin banana bread is lightly sweetened with coconut sugar to keep it free of refined sugars. But as always, you can substitute with brown sugar or cane sugar at a 1:1 ratio.
pumpkin purée tips
Use fresh or canned pumpkin puree. They both work great in this recipe!
If your pumpkin purée is thick and scoop-able add the suggested amount of non-dairy milk to the batter.
However, some canned purée’s can be on the thin side. If your puree is thin and pourable, use a sieve to strain out the excess moisture.
Otherwise, use the thin pumpkin puree and choose to add-in or skip the non-dairy milk. It’s up to you on how moist of a bread you’d like.
Enhance your bread with add-ins like
- pumpkin seeds
- chocolate chips
- chopped pecans
- dried cranberries
Simply fold them in after the batter is mixed.
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread Muffins
Turn this bread into muffins for an easy grab-n-go breakfast. Or toss one in the kid’s lunchbox for a special Fall treat.
How to bake pumpkin banana muffins
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the liners.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
We'd love to hear from you!
If you loved this recipe, please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card and share your thoughts in the comments below. Also, if you snap a photo be sure to share it with us! We love to see your creations! You can find us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.
- 1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease your loaf pan. To easily remove the bread from the pan after cooking, add a strip of parchment paper* to the pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift the dry ingredients together.
- In a larger bowl, mash the bananas making sure not to leave big chunks. Small chunks are fine.
- Now add the remaining wet ingredients to the bowl of mashed bananas: pumpkin purée, coconut sugar, oil, and optional non-dairy milk.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the banana mix just enough to combine everything.
- At this point, if you are using any add-ins they can be folded in as well.
- Carefully pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. If the bread is still too moist bake at 5-8 minute intervals until done.
- Store in an airtight container or bag. Keeps fresh for up to 3 days on the counter or a week in the fridge.
- I suggest weighing the bananas and pumpkin purée for best results.
- When measuring the flour use a spoon to scoop it into the measuring cup. Scooping the flour with the measuring cup can cause too much flour to be added.
- *Non-dairy milk note:* Add in the non-dairy milk if your pumpkin puree is thick. If your puree is on the thin side you can choose to add-in or skip the non-dairy milk. It’s up to you on how moist of a bread you’d like.
- *Parchment note:* Cut a 4 inch wide strip of parchment paper and place it in the center of your loaf pan. To remove the bread from the pan, gently lift the parchment 'wings'.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 slices Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g