Cinnamon vegan waffles are the perfect breakfast, brunch or dessert. Only 6 ingredients make up this easy vegan waffle recipe. They’ll quickly become a weekend favorite for everyone.
They’re also egg-free and dairy-free.
In my opinion these are the best homemade vegan waffles I’ve had!
The texture is exactly what I’m looking for in a waffle. They’re perfectly crisp on the outside, with a warm soft center!
And just like my cinnamon pancakes, these babies are also loaded with plenty of cinnamon flavor!
Whip up the batter in only 3 simple steps
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry.
- Mix until they are fully incorporated.
Batter Tip After mixing, allow the batter to rest a few minutes. The resting period will allow the baking powder to fully activate.
Incase you didn’t know Most baking powders are double acting. So its first reaction occurs when it is mixed with any liquid. The second reaction occurs when the batter is heated.
For the waffles we want the first reaction to complete. Hence, why we are allowing the batter to rest. Therefore the second reaction will occur during the cooking process. And the final result will be beautiful, soft-centered waffles.
Top your vegan waffles with
- cinnamon and sugar for a churro-style waffle
- ground cinnamon
- banana slices
- diced apple
- chopped nuts
- fruit preserves
- vanilla ice cream for a sweet dessert
- 3 cups all purpose flour*
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon powder
- 1/3 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- 3 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until just mixed.
- Allow the batter to rest while the waffle iron heats up.
- Once heated, pour in the batter. My waffle iron takes about 1/2 cup of batter.
- Cook the waffle per your irons instruction. I find it best to leave them in there until most of the steam has stopped rising from the sides.
- To keep the waffles warm place them in a 200ºF preheated oven immediately after they come out of the waffle iron.
- Serve topped with banana slices, or your favorite topping, and maple syrup.
Leftover waffles can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or in the freezer for about 2 months.
*Flour note: To avoid adding too much flour, scoop the flour into the measuring cup with a spoon. Then level with the flat side of a knife.
For EXTRA CRISPY waffles replace 1 cup of non-dairy milk with 1 cup of seltzer water.
Yield:makes 6 waffles
Serving Size:1 waffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375
*This post contains affiliate links