Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are like having dessert for breakfast! The cinnamon-apples & sweet whipped topping make these an irresistible vegan breakfast! Everyone will be asking for more of these egg & dairy free pancakes.
Breakfast is a meal that can satisfy the sweet and/or salty morning cravings. For a quick, grab-n-go breakfast, a loaf of sweet vegan banana bread never disappoints. But for something savory & filling, a few slices of hummus & avocado toast will do the trick.
Why should you make these soft & fluffy Apple Cinnamon Pancakes?
Well, the batter is filled with grated apple giving these pancakes an added natural-sweetness and apple-y taste!
Then, they are topped with cooked apples, a sweet coconut whip and drizzled in maple syrup! The decadent toppings make these the *ULTIMATE PANCAKE EXPERIENCE*!
However, you can always go classic by leaving off the extra toppings and covering them in only maple syrup.
Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes are really easy to pull off!
It only takes 1 bowl and about 5 minutes to whip up the batter.
Start by adding the dry ingredients to the bowl. Then grate the apple, measure out the wet ingredients and add them all to the bowl of dry. Whisk until just combined. (lumps are A-okay)
Now, pour the batter and make some fluffy pancakes.
Apple-Cinnamon Pancake toppings are just as easy to prep!
Since the toppings are so easy to prepare, I like to make them first!
For the apples, just add all the ingredients to a saucepan and heat until they are softened. This takes about 10 minutes or so.
While the apples cook, mix up the coconut whip. Add all the ingredients to a large bowl. With a hand mixer, whip until the cream is stiff yet fluffy. Store the coconut whip in the refrigerator until the pancakes are ready to be topped.
If you would like extra whip and apple topping just double the recipes!
If you make these perfect apple cinnamon pancakes don’t forget to snap a picture and share it on Instagram. Tag me @whereyougetyourprotein and #WYGYP I’d love to see your pancake creations!
Vegan Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are topped w/ cooked cinnamon apples & sweet coconut whip. It's like having dessert for breakfast! Egg & Dairy Free pancakes!
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
Yields 12-15 pancakes
5 based on 1 review(s)
2 cups all-purpose flour , sifted
2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 cups non-dairy milk (I use almond milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon coconut oil , melted
1 sweet apple (I use fuji or gala), grated, peeling is optional
1 Tablespoons water
2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
3 firm sweet apples, sliced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
cinnamon and nutmeg, to taste
1 can coconut milk, cream only*
2-3 Tablespoons powdered sugar, (I use turbinado**)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- I suggest making the toppings first. (Directions are below)
- Heat a pan or large griddle over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl sift the flour. Add-in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry. Gently whisk until the batter is just combined. Don’t over mix, lumps are OK!
- Brush a bit of oil on the pan and pour about 1/4 cup of batter down.
- Flip the pancake once the edges appear slightly cooked and small bubbles form on top. Cook on the other side until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a 150ºF preheated oven.
- Add toppings or top with maple syrup.
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low until apples have softened.
- Cover to keep warm until ready to use.
- Place a can of full fat coconut milk in the back of the fridge overnight.
- Carefully open the can and collect the cream on top.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer , whip the ingredients until the coconut cream becomes smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
- Keep chilled until ready to use.
- Stack desired amount of pancakes on a plate.
- Add cooked apples to the top of the stack.
- Add a generous dollop of coconut whip to the top of the apples.
- If desired, drizzled with maple syrup.
**How to make Powdered Turbinado: Blend turbinado sugar into a powder then measure out 2 Tablespoons.
*This post contains affiliate links.